Firstly, on behalf of the management and staff here at The Wessex Hotel, we would like to offer you our congratulations on your engagement, and wish you all the very best for your wedded life together.
Your wedding day, the best day of your lives, a time to make a lifelong commitment to one another, and a day to create memories that you’ll treasure forever. Whether you choose to spend the whole day with us or just the reception, we’ll provide you with a dedicated wedding coordinator who will help to plan and see you through your day. Here’s just a taster of what our wedding package has to offer.
- Our honeymoon suite boasts a luxury Jacuzzi and 4 poster bed.
- Excellent cuisine with a choice of delicious menus.
- Beautiful reception area for greeting your guests.
- Catering for up to 200 people.
- Reduced overnight rates for guests.
- Ample free parking for up to 90 cars.
- SUNDAY weddings available – when booking a Sunday wedding with FREE of charge room hire, you could end up saving yourselves a massive £500!!
Not only will we help to plan a schedule for the day, we can also help with seating arrangements, floral decorations, and any other special requirements you may have in mind to make your day extra special.
The Wessex Hotel has three separate rooms for the Wedding Breakfast.
Somerset Suite Ballroom: £500 Reception capacity 200.
Olive Tree Restaurant: £250 Reception capacity 100.
Wessex Suite: £200 Reception capacity 50.
The Wessex Suite has its own bar and can accommodate up to 60 guests dining, the Olive Tree will accommodate 90 guests or for the real Wow! factor the magnificent Grand Ballroom on the second floor will accommodate up to 250 guests seated.
This fantastic space is ideal for larger wedding receptions, with its own bar and lounge area and a solid wooden dance floor for partying the night away.
And so to bed after a long day! Spend your first night in comfort in a fabulous four-poster bed, 49 further guests rooms are available for your friends and family to also stay over and then join you for breakfast the following morning.
We can provide the following at no extra cost.
- An experienced wedding coordinator who will help to plan and see you through your day.
- A silver knife provided to cut the cake.
- A complimentary night as a gift from hotel in one of our beautiful Romantic suites, which either come with a Jacuzzi or 4 poster bed.*
- Your favourite music piped into the ballroom during your meal.
- We will deal with any big deliveries you may have on the day (e.g flowers)
- We will accept early deliveries of your wedding cake and set it up for you.
- We will adorn your tables with your chosen decorations.
*To receive this complimentary room, you must book your evening buffet and wedding breakfast with us.
We will also be able to recommend and book professional entertainment for your evening, be it a live band or DJ. If you chose to provide your own entertainment, we will require a copy of your entertainer’s public liability certificate. For something a little more formal, we can also arrange for a professional Master of Ceremony to make your announcements.
So, the ceremony is over, the photos have been taken, and you’re begining to relax into your first evening as a married couple – it’s time to celebrate with a meal and toast.
Our talented team of professional chefs have put together a selection of wedding menus that include sit down meals and buffet options. If you have any special dietary requirements or would like to arrange a bespoke menu, we will be happy to discuss your needs and design a menu to suit. Meals will be served by our professional waiting team who will be glad to assist you in any way they cam.
Sample Wedding Breakfast Options
Our most popular options:
Cream of Vegetables Soup
Chicken Liver Pate
Fan of Melon
Roast Topside of Beef with Yorkshire Pudding
Chicken Breast Stuffed with Cream Cheese and Wrapped in Bacon
Herb Crusted Salmon
Cream Filled Profiteroles
Fresh Fruit Salad
We do offer 3 set menus priced from £25.50 pp up to £30.50 pp.
Pricing for optional Extras
Wedding drink packages, including a welcome drink, wine with your meal and a toast. £12.95 pp
A selection of 4 canapes. £7.95 pp
Evening buffet prices start at £12.95 pp up to £23.50 pp depending on your selection.
Children under 6 are charged at half price of an adult. Buffet prices stay the same. Unlimted tea and coffee can be added to any buffet for £2.50pp